– Don’t forget that the strike originally planned for Wednesday 28th February is NOT going ahead.
– New “One Per Desk” leaflet being distributed, including output of ACAS talks.
– Strike committee discussed campaign plans and confirmed that notice of action for planned strikes should be issued.
– Don’t forget our Annual General Meeting, 2-4pm Thursday, which will take key decisions and receive pay comparator information.
As announced last week, reps decided to ask Amicus NOT to call the planned strike for 28th February.
Our latest “One Per Desk” leaflet is now available on CafeVIK and on “ourunion”. This includes:
– Update from the ACAS talks (including links to the full text of the resulting documents)
– Update from the disciplinary for Ian Allinson, our senior rep
– Pay 2007 update
– Advertising the AGM
If you can help distribute it in your area, please speak to one of your reps – we want to get it out as quickly as possible.
The strike committee met last night, discussed the output from the talks, and confirmed that notice of the planned strikes on 7th March and 12th-14th March should be issued as planned.
The strike on 7th March will allow us to travel to London to present our petition at the House of Commons, putting more pressure on Fujitsu. Please confirm ASAP if you can commit to travelling to London for the day, so that Amicus can arrange transport.
The strike on 12th-14th March will focus on visiting other Fujitsu sites and touring workplaces to raise support. Please confirm ASAP if you are able to stay away overnight during this strike, so that arrangements can be made for your accommodation etc.
We have been working with other local trade unionists to organise an impressive rally in Manchester on the evening of Wednesday the 14th. This builds on our joint event with UNISON and PCS on 31st January, which helped us attract more support for our campaign. Speakers include the General Secretaries of the rail and postal unions and we will have an opportunity to talk about our dispute. A “solidarity buffet” is even being laid on for us. Please be there, and feel free to bring your friends and family.
Other campaign ideas from the strike committee meeting will be discussed at our members’ meeting on Thursday – don’t forget it’s our group Annual General Meeting:
2pm-4pm, Thursday 1st March
MAN33 – 1 – East (hot desk area)
This meeting is for all Amicus members employed by Fujitsu and based at MAN05/33/34/35 (including those based at HOM99 with an admin base of one of those sites). You are entitled to attend in work time.
If your manager might need to arrange release for you to attend, please contact them NOW. If you have any problems getting release, contact your rep immediately. If you leave it until the last minute, reps may be unable to help.