The reps committee has elected Nikki Aldridge as the chair of our group, after Sulayman Munir (the previous chair) left the company to take another job.
Over the last few months members have elected several new Reps, and the process of training them is now well under way. Nikki Aldridge and Jackie Cook have completed their Reps stage 1 training. Having a broad team of well-trained reps is crucial to ensuring Unite is as effective as possible on behalf of its members.
Since Sulayman left Fujitsu, we’ve had a vacancy for a Rep. Additional Health & Safety Reps and Union Learning Reps would also be useful.
If you wish to volunteer or nominate someone else, please do so by Monday 30th August:
- The member making the nomination needs to send us an email saying who they are nominating and for which position(s) (i.e. Rep, Health & Safety Rep or Union Learning Rep).
- The nominee / volunteer needs to send an email including some information:
- Which position(s) they are standing for (i.e. Rep, Health & Safety Rep or Union Learning Rep)
- Work phone numbers – internal & external
- Site and area (e.g. MAN35-2-East)
- Department (e.g. Sirius)
- Optionally, a statement of NO MORE THAN 100 WORDS which would encourage people to vote for you. [Previous examples are available on request]
Only UNITE members employed by Fujitsu and based at MAN33/34/35 (including those based at HOM99 with an admin base of one of those sites) are eligible to stand. (Members elsewhere elect their own reps at their own meetings).
Reps, Health & Safety Reps and Union Learning Reps are allowed work time to carry out their duties, and full training is available.
Reps’ responsibilities are varied, including advising members, individual representation, research, communication, campaigning, recruitment, organising and negotiating. Not all reps do everything – we work as a team.
Health & Safety Reps and Union Learning Reps have distinct specialist roles which are separate from being a Rep.
If you want to know more before deciding whether to stand, contact any of our current reps.