Following the joint statement on 11th November from UNITE and Fujitsu, a further meeting with the company took place on Thursday 19th November at UNITEs London head office.
In order to avoid the union having to issue a further notice of industrial action, the company needs to make a firm offer by Thursday 3rd December, so that there is time for members to consider and vote on this. If the offer is not acceptable, or no offer is made, UNITE would have to issue notice by Wednesday 16th December for action starting by Wednesday 23rd December in order to benefit from the legal protection of the ballot.
The following dates have been allocated:
- Wednesday 25th November: Talks on Jobs
- Thursday 26th November: Talks on Pay
- Monday 30th November: Talks on Pensions
- Tuesday 1st December: Talks (if required)
- Wednesday 2nd December: Talks (if required)
- Thursday 3rd December: Talks (if required)
Please talk to your reps to make arrangements now for members meetings around the country to take place early in week commencing Monday 7th December to report back from the negotiations and to discuss the offer before members vote on it.
The UNITE team for the talks will consist of a UNITE full-time officer and some of the reps on your elected Combine Committee:
- Terry Thompson (UNITE officer)
- Alan Jenney (UNITE rep, CRE02)
- Alasdair Lewis (UNITE rep, HOM99, Midlands)
- Ian Allinson (UNITE rep, MAN34)
- John Garvani (UNITE rep, WAK01)
- Lynne Hodge (UNITE rep, MAN33)
- Pauline Bradburn (UNITE rep, MAN35)
- Roger Dane (UNITE rep, IRE11)
- Steve Warren (UNITE rep, LON93)
- Robert (Wilf) Williams (UNITE rep, CRE02)
Rather than the whole team taking part every day, different reps will participate depending on the subject-matter. The team has been meeting earlier today to prepare for the talks.