Don’t forget that the “action short of strike” continues until further notice:
- Ban on overtime (paid or unpaid) unless paid at least Unsocial Hours Policy (UHP) rates.
- Ban on standby unless paid at least Unsocial Hours Policy (UHP) rates.
- Work to rule and contract, (for example ban on work phone calls outside contracted hours unless paid on standby, ensure backup before and after applying patches, test and document thoroughly, be diligent about Performance Plus and Personal Development Plan activities and what is written in objectives, carefully read all Company notices and Health & Safety information, read all the information from the Pensions and Redundancy consultation web sites, take regular backups of PC, comply with the “tidy desk” policy).
- Ban on using own vehicle to travel on company business unless in receipt of an allowance.
- Policy of non co-operation
The more effective you and your workmates make the action short of strike, the less strike action will be required to bring the dispute to a successful conclusion.
The UNITE Q&A on industrial action has further information about the action short of strike, including details of the UHP and model letters you can use.
Strike days have also been called for:
- Thursday 7th January
- Friday 8th January
- Monday 11th January
- Thursday 14th January
- Friday 15th January
The intention is to have members’ meetings around the country on 7-11th January to discuss how the campaign is going and next steps. Please do your utmost to attend.