Your reps have received the following statement on Alan Jenney following yesterday’s meeting:
“The parties have successfully resolved the position of Mr Jenney through the services of ACAS to both parties’ satisfaction”
Thanks to Alan for all the work he did on behalf of Fujitsu employees.
As a result of Alan having left Fujitsu, there is a vacancy on UNITE’s Combine Committee for the North-West region (not including the Manchester bargaining unit).
There are three seats for the North-West – the other two are held by Isabel Hay (WAR08) and Robert (Wilf) Williams (CRE02).
Combine Committee members are expected to:
- Encourage members in their constituency to hold meetings, elect reps and get involved at a local level
- Seek views from members, reps and contacts in their constituency
- Work together as a team
- Maximise members’ involvement in decision making
- Take part in combine committee discussions and decision-making
- Report back to members, reps and contacts in their constituency
- Coordinate with reps and contacts in their constituency, including encouraging them to undertake training and gain accreditation
- Liaise with the union full-time officers covering Fujitsu in their constituency
If you would like to stand for the vacant seat, please contact your reps by 13th December including:
- Your name
- Your contractual base location
- Your work email address (and private email address if you have one)
- Your work phone number (and a mobile number if you have one)
- An election statement of up to 100 words (examples are available on request)