Fujitsu is proposing to make changes to its Travel & Expenses Guidelines. Not only would these leave many employees seriously out of pocket in the short term, they also break the fundamental principle set out in the policy:
“Fujitsu will reimburse employees with pre-approved costs, which are directly attributable to their responsibilities on behalf of the Company. Individuals should neither be disadvantaged nor gain profit from these reimbursements.”
The key issues are:
- Fujitsu mileage rates would be pegged to HMRC rates which are not expected to keep pace with the rising cost of motoring
- HOM99 staff would have an arbitrary 30 miles deducted from mileage claims
Many employees have already been complaining about the proposals, and over 300 have signed UNITE’s online petition.
The company claims that the changes are driven by compliance with HMRC rules, but there is no evidence to support this. This looks more like an attempt to force employees to subsidise the company’s business activities from their own funds.
If we let Fujitsu establish the principle that we pay for the privilege of working, where will this end?
What you can do:
- Sign the online petition against the proposed changes: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/expenses/
- Pass this email on to a few colleagues who may be interested
- If you are one of those colleagues, please join the union – the steady erosion of terms and conditions will only stop if we get better organised
- Give feedback on the proposals to your Fujitsu Voice reps