Thanks to all the members who supported the union members who were standing for election to Fujitsu Voice in the recent by-elections – and a particular thank you to the candidates – whether elected or not. The results consolidated the position where a majority of Fujitsu Voice reps are union members, which is very important given the company strategy of trying to use Fujitsu Voice to marginalise the unions. UNITE is keen to see the work of the unions and Fujitsu Voice complementing each other to the benefit of employees.
Back in May UNITE members voted for changes to the structure of our “Combine Committee” that coordinates UNITE’s work in Fujitsu at both regional and UK level.
Members on the Combine Committee are expected to:
- Encourage members in their constituency to hold meetings, elect reps and get involved at a local level
- Seek views from members, reps and contacts in their constituency
- Work together as a team
- Maximise members’ involvement in decision making
- Take part in combine committee discussions and decision-making
- Report back to members, reps and contacts in their constituency
- Coordinate with reps and contacts in their constituency, including encouraging them to undertake training and gain accreditation
- Liaise with the union full-time officers covering Fujitsu in their constituency
Now that most sites and areas around the country have elected their local UNITE reps for the coming year, it’s time to elect your Combine Committee members.
If you are willing to stand for election to the Combine Committee, please email by Tuesday 7th August including:
- Your name
- Your Fujitsu email address (and a private email address if you have one)
- Your work phone number (and a mobile number if you have one)
- Which constituency you are standing for (see below)
- An election statement of up to 100 words (examples are available on request)
Existing members of the Combine Committee DO need to stand if they wish to be re-elected.
The new constituencies, which reflect the spread of membership across the UK, are based on your contractual base location (home address if HOM99):
|Constituency||Postcodes||Number of seats|
|Manchester Bargaining Unit||Members in scope of the Manchester Recognition Agreement are in this Combine Constituency wherever they are based||5|
|London & Eastern||AL, BR, CB, CM, CO, CR, DA, E, EC, EN, HA, IG, IP, KT, LU, N, NR, NW, PE, RM, SE, SG, SM, SS, SW, TW, UB, W, WC, WD||3 (1 STE, 2 any)|
|Midlands||B, CV, DE, DY, HR, LE, LN, NG, NN, TF, WR, WS, WV||2|
|North-East, Yorkshire, Humberside & Scotland||AB, BD, DD, DG, DH, DL, DN, EH, FK, G, HD, HG, HS, HU, HX, IV, KA, KW, KY, LS, ML, NE, PA, PH, S, SR, TS, TD, WF, YO, ZE||2|
|Northern Ireland||BT||2 (1 IRE11, 1 any)|
|North-West||BB, BL, CA, CH, CW, FY, L, LA, M, OL, PR, SK, ST, WA, WN||3 1 CRE, 1 WAR, 1 any)|
|South-East, South-West and Wales||BA, BH, BN, BS, CF, CT, DT, EX, GL, GU, HP, LD, LL, ME, MK, NP, OX, PO, RG, SL, SO, RH, TN, PL, SA, SN, SP, SY, TA, TQ, TR||4|