Elections for reps have already taken place across most of the country. The last area where members need to elect reps is the South-East, South-West and Wales region, which includes members contractually based at sites (including HOM99) in the following postcodes:
BA, BH, BN, BS, CF, CT, DT, EX, GL, GU, HP, LD, LL, ME, MK, NP, OX, PO, RG, SL, SO, RH, TN, PL, SA, SN, SP, SY, TA, TQ, TR
The region includes major sites such as Bracknell, Slough, Basingstoke and Reading.
So far in this region members have re-elected Chris Forrest and Jim Anderson at the recent members’ meeting at Basingstoke.
The following have already indicated they are willing to be reps:
- Joe Harrison, BRA01
- Brian Reeves, BRA01 (as a Health & Safety rep)
- Jason Hudson, REA24
If you are at either site and object to either of these candidates, please email to say so. If no objections are received by Thursday 9th August they will be declared elected unopposed.
UNITE is keen to have more reps across the region – full training is provided. If you are willing to stand as a rep and join the team, please send an email by Thursday 9th August including:
- Your name
- Where you are standing for election (e.g. site, bargaining unit)
- Your contractual base location
- What position(s) you are standing for: Workplace Rep, Health & Safety Rep, Learning Rep, Equality Rep, Environmental Rep
- Fujitsu email address
- Private email address (if you have one)
- Phone number(s)
- Optionally, a statement of up to 100 words explaining why members should elect you (examples available on request)