To: Employees in scope of the Manchester Recognition Agreement
In responding to the UNITE survey following the closure of MAN35, staff identified two widespread issues with their working environment:
- Temperature & Air Conditioning, and
- Lighting & Blinds
UNITE Health & Safety Reps followed this up by inviting residents of MAN33 and MAN34 to place a green or a red dot on to a floor diagram at their desk position to indicate whether or not they experienced each issue, and to comment further on any concerns. Thank you to everyone who took part.
Copies of the floor diagrams and the resulting analysis can be found here:
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/man 33 lights and blinds.pdf
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/man 34 lights and blinds.pdf
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/man 33 temp and aircon.pdf
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/man 34 temp and aircon.pdf
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/move survey results.final.docx
Health & Safety Reps have analysed the results to identify some of the areas employees say are worst affected for initial focus:
- for Temperature and Air-conditioning: MAN33 Ground floor East Wing
- for Lighting & Blinds: MAN33 Second floor West Wing.
UNITE has written to the company asking them to engage with us to review the results and to seek ways to improve the situation. As a first step, we have suggested a meeting (including a demonstration of the capabilities of the Building Management System), followed by a walkabout of the two identified areas to talk to staff and try to identify remedies.
We will keep you informed of progress.
If you would like to get more involved in progressing these issues within your own area, or if any of the issues that you reported via the survey are resolved, please let your local UNITE Rep know, or email contact us.
UNITE Health & Safety Reps