To: Employees in scope of the Manchester Recognition Agreement
Well done to all the staff who helped UNITE’s Health & Safety reps to map the issues reported by staff in relation to Temperature & Air Conditioning (including noise), and Lighting & Blinds. As you may have already seen, site facilities have now arranged for someone to go round checking all the blinds and replacing broken ones, which is real progress.
Your Health & Safety Reps wrote to the company proposing a meeting to discuss how to resolve the issues, followed by a walkabout to talk to people in two of the areas where staff reported the most issues
- for Temperature and Air-conditioning: MAN33 Ground floor East Wing
- for Lighting & Blinds: MAN33 Second floor West Wing.
Unfortunately the company has refused to meet and discuss the issues. Instead they recommend that each of you raises a call with 7733 to report the issues you have already highlighted.
We appreciate that many staff are frustrated by the company response, given the number of you who told us that you had already reported your issues via 7733 and found that your calls were closed without the issues being resolved. However, Fujitsu assured us at this week’s Manchester Health & Safety Committee that the issues will be dealt with. We are already hearing reports of problems being fixed following new 7733 calls on these issues. Site facilities have invited staff to contact them directly if 7733 does not resolve the issue.
Please keep your Health & Safety rep (list below) informed about progress, or any unresolved issues.
The progress already made shows that staff can make Fujitsu a better place to work if we work together. If you aren’t already a UNITE member, please join us. UNITE would also welcome more volunteers to be Health & Safety Reps to help maintain the highest standards for our working environment.
UNITE Fujitsu Manchester Health & Safety Reps
- Colin Robinson
- Dennis Morris
- Helen Clayson
- Ian Allinson
- Kevin Davies
- Lynne Hodge
- Phil Tepper
- Steve Gibson
- Vaheed Shadi
For reference, copies of the floor diagrams and the resulting analysis of the issues can be found here:
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/man 33 lights and blinds.pdf
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/man 34 lights and blinds.pdf
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/man 33 temp and aircon.pdf
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/man 34 temp and aircon.pdf
- http://www.cafevik.fs.fujitsu.com/content/0289/public/shared/move survey results.final.docx