Unite members at Fujitsu are fighting for job security, union recognition, decent pay and benefits and against the victimisation of reps. In most of the UK we don’t yet have union recognition so members can only carry out most union activity outside working hours. We are asking for your help with our campaign.
Can you and/or your organisation:
- Help distribute leaflets as people go into work outside Fujitsu sites in Basingstoke, Belfast, Birmingham, Bracknell, Crewe, Derry, Edinburgh, London, Stevenage, Wakefield or Warrington?
- Encourage your Unite region to give practical assistance to our campaign?
- Sign and publicise our online petition against victimisations? https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fujitsu-victimisations
- Send a message of protest to the Head of Fujitsu Americas and EMEIA Regions, Duncan.Tait@uk.fujitsu.com, copied to firstname.lastname@example.org?
- Promote our campaign on social media using #FujitsuFightback? We are at www.facebook.com/uniteatfujitsu and www.twitter.com/unitefujitsu
- Donate towards our campaign? Cheques payable to “Manchester IT Workers Group” can be sent c/o John Wood, 50 Brooklyn Street, Crewe, CW2 7JF. Or transfer online to Account: 00980539, Sort Code: 30-91-48 and email email@example.com with details.
- Sign up with Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr (or all three!) to our social media Thunderclap for union recognition and against victimisation of reps
- Join the protest for union recognition and against victimisation of reps 8:30-10am Wednesday 8 November, Fujitsu, 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW (Facebook event)
If you can help with any of this, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements or if you want further information.
Unite members in Fujitsu took national industrial action from 28 February including 15 days of strikes and ongoing action short of strike, after 12 days of local strikes in Manchester.
For more information about the dispute see https://ouruniontest.wordpress.com/fujitsu-national-dispute/