Unite members at Fujitsu Manchester have voted for a third wave of strike action in the long running disputes. The latest dispute is over:
- Compulsory Redundancies
- Victimisation of union reps
- Breaches of redundancy agreement, including appeal and grievance procedures
Fujitsu dismissed the first of the six members fighting their redundancies on 6 December, despite there being three jobs available in her department after members turned them down and her having an outstanding grievance complaining of sexual harassment which she says is linked to her selection. Three more have been dismissed since – one was told on Thursday 28 December that he was being dismissed on Sunday 31 December. Fujitsu wrote telling Ian Allinson, chair of Unite @ Fujitsu in the UK, of his dismissal while he was on compassionate leave attending a family funeral. He was dismissed on 12 January without being allowed to work his notice despite having an outstanding internal job application.
The next strike strike dates are:
- Thursday 22 February 2018
- Saturday 24, Sunday 25, Monday 26, Tuesday 27, Wednesday 28 February 2018
You can support members at Fujitsu:
- Protest with strikers at Fujitsu, Central Park, Northampton Road, Manchester, M40 5BP (by Central Park Metrolink station) between 7-10am on week-day strike days.
- Send a message of protest to Duncan.Tait@uk.fujitsu.com, copying email@example.com or Unite the Union, Fujitsu MAN34, Central Park, Northampton Road, Manchester, M40 5BP
- Add your name to the “Reinstate Ian Allinson” statement: http://tiny.cc/reinstateian and ask others to sign e.g. your MP
- Donations payable to “Manchester IT Workers Group” can be sent c/o John Wood, 50 Brooklyn Street, Crewe, CW2 7JF. Or transfer online to Account: 00980539, Sort Code: 30-91-48 and email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Follow and promote the campaign on social media using #FujitsuFightback. www.facebook.com/uniteatfujitsu. www.twitter.com/unitefujitsu.
Strike days already taken in the current action: 24, 25, 26, 30 Jan; 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Feb
Unite members across Fujitsu Services Limited in the UK took industrial action over jobs, union recognition, pay and pensions with ongoing action short of strike and strikes on 28 February; 17, 24, 27 March; 13, 20, 21, 24, 27, 28 April; 4, 5 , 8, 11, 12 May 2017. This followed 12 days of strike action in Manchester in an earlier dispute.
Industrial action outside Manchester remains suspended until further notice. Amongst other things this means members outside Manchester should complete timesheets normally. Unite is not encouraging members to complete the backlog of timesheets unless an offer is accepted.
Fujitsu has terminated its UK works council and announced 1800 UK job cuts, many of which have already taken place.