Unite members employed by Fujitsu Services Limited in the UK rejected by 92% the company offer in relation to the national dispute over jobs, union recognition, pay and pensions.
You can support members at Fujitsu:
- Please sign the online petition against victimisation of reps in Fujitsu, circulate it and share it on social media.
- Send a message of support to email@example.com or Unite the Union, Fujitsu MAN34, Central Park, Northampton Road, Manchester, M40 5BP
- Send a message of protest to Duncan.Tait@uk.fujitsu.com
- Donations payable to “Manchester IT Workers Group” can be sent c/o John Wood, 50 Brooklyn Street, Crewe, CW2 7JF. Or transfer online to Account: 00980539, Sort Code: 30-91-48 and email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Follow and promote the campaign on social media using #FujitsuFightback. www.facebook.com/uniteatfujitsu. www.twitter.com/unitefujitsu.
All industrial action remains suspended until further notice. Amongst other things this means that you should complete timesheets normally. Unite is not encouraging members to complete the backlog of timesheets unless the offer is accepted.
A new national leaflet gives an update on the dispute, including new campaign goals.
Unite members across Fujitsu Services Limited in the UK took industrial action over jobs, union recognition, pay and pensions with ongoing action short of strike and strikes on 28 February; 17, 24, 27 March; 13, 20, 21, 24, 27, 28 April; 4, 5 , 8, 11, 12 May. This followed 12 days of strike action in Manchester.
Information from previous industrial action:
For Fujitsu staff there is a Q&A about the dispute, industrial action, picketing, dispute benefit etc.
Fujitsu has terminated its UK works council and announced 1800 UK job cuts, the first of which have already taken place.
Unite @ Fujitsu is campaigning:
- To save jobs, avoid Compulsory Redundancies and improve redundancy pay
- For all employees to have the right to union recognition, especially now our Voice has been removed
- For compensation for employees whose pensions were retrospectively slashed; to tackle pay inequality; and for Fujitsu to become an accredited Living Wage employer
The national action follows the recent resolution of a local Manchester dispute which included twelve days of strike action.
Below is a list of some major Fujitsu sites around the UK with typical picket details (see above for confirmations):
- BLA01: Lancaster House, Shorebury Point, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RJ. PICKET: 8 – 9:30
- BSN01: Jays Close, Viables Industrial Estate, Basingstoke, RG22 4BY. PICKET: 8-10am and 12-2pm.
- SOL20, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham B37 7YU. PICKET 8-10am.
- BRA01: Lovelace Road, Bracknell, RG12 8SN. PICKET 7:45 – 9:30am.
- CRE02: Infinity House, Mallard Way, Off Electra Way, Crewe Business Park, Crewe, CW1 6ZQ. PICKET 7:30-10am.
- EDI01: 1 Lochside Ave, Edinburgh EH12 9DJ. PICKET 8-10am.
- LON22: 22 Baker Street, London, W1U 3BW. PICKET from 8am.
- MAN33/34/35: Central Park, Northampton Road, Manchester, M40 5BP. PICKET 7-10am.
- STE04: 14 Cavendish Road, Stevenage, SG1 2DY. PICKET 7:30-9:30am.
- WAK01: Wakefield House, Borough Road, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 1XU. PICKET 7:45 – 9:15am.
- WAR08/13: Temple Court, Daten Avenue, Risley, Warrington, WA3 6GD. PICKET 7-11am.